Monday, 24 August 2026
Nasdaq +0.43%
Subscribe NowSupport Us

Daily Tribune

Daily Tribune
Subscribe
Monday, 24 August 2026
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Life
  • Show
  • Sports
  • Global Goals
Partner feature

The Philippines' leading digital newspaper.

News
  • Headlines
  • Page three
  • Metro
  • Nation
  • World
  • Dyaryo Tirada
  • Obituary (Remember Me)
  • SONATOTOO (archive)
Opinion
  • All columnists
  • Editorials
  • Guest essays
  • Letters to the Editor
  • Scuttlebutt
Business
  • Shipping
  • Portraits
  • Pep
  • Business Advisories
  • Technology (Tech Talks)
Life
  • Show
  • Food & Drink
  • Getaways
  • Arts & Culture
  • Social Set
  • Spaces
  • Fashion & Beauty
  • The Edit
  • Top Form
  • Next Gen
  • Sacred Space
  • Project Larawan
  • Snaps
Sports
  • Hoops
  • Volley
  • Golf
  • Goal
  • Boxing
  • Tennis
  • Esports
  • Blast

Company

  • SONATOTOO archive
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • Privacy
  • Subscribe
  • Support Us

© 2026 Daily Tribune · tribune.net.ph · Powered by Quintype

NATION

Student arrested over violence threat

Perseus Echeminada·24 August 2026, 2:16 am·1 MIN READ

Student arrested over violence threat
Text size

Share

Partner feature

Stay informed

Get Daily Tribune in your inbox

Breaking news, opinion, and business coverage for readers in the Philippines and abroad.

Subscribe to the newsletter

What's your take?

Share

Google Preferred Sources

Get more Daily Tribune stories in your search results

Add Daily Tribune as a preferred source on Google Search.

Add to Google
Partner feature
Partner feature
Partner feature
  • CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Class suspensions in Valencia City were lifted after authorities on Saturday arrested a 15-year-old suspect who allegedly posted threats on social media targeting several schools and educational institutions, including Valencia National High School and Central Mindanao University.

    Valencia City government spokesperson Jun Galario said the suspect was arrested by Valencia police operatives Saturday afternoon and turned over to the City Social Services Department for appropriate disposition in accordance with procedures for minors in conflict with the law.

    He said classes were suspended following the online threat of an alleged mass shooting at schools in the city.

    With the suspect’s arrest, the alleged threat has been neutralized, Galario said.

    He added that the Philippine National Police and the Schools Division Superintendent had been informed of the incident, with appropriate measures being undertaken to address the situation.

    The development comes amid heightened concerns over school safety following recent shooting incidents in Philippine schools.

    Authorities urged the public to remain vigilant and rely on official announcements.

    • Valencia City school threats
    • Cagayan de Oro school safety
    • Valencia National High School

    Also read

    Online threats
    NATION

    Online mass shooting threats disrupt classes

    CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Lapasan National High School suspended classes Monday after an online mass shooting threat circulated on social…

    Perseus Echeminada·4 August 2026

    Also read

    Class suspension lifted after arrest of online threat suspect in Bukidnon
    NATION

    Class suspension lifted after arrest of online threat suspect in Bukidnon

    CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — The class suspension scheduled for Monday was lifted after authorities arrested a 15-year-old suspect on Saturday who…

    Perseus Echeminada·8 hours ago