Remulla says arrest warrant vs. Atong Ang may be issued anytime



AI becomes beneficial when it supports the architect’s thinking, not when it replaces it.

By checking your home before the next storm arrives, you can help keep your household safer and more comfortable.

The village also offers what are positioned as legacy lots —spaces intended not only for future residents but also for…

Filipino exporters shipping packaged products to Europe face new compliance requirements as the European Union begins…

Cortisol is neither the villain behind every unwanted kilogram nor is it an imaginary concern.
Interior and Local Government Secretary Jonvic Remulla on Monday said a warrant of arrest against businessman Charlie “Atong” Ang could be issued anytime soon.
"It's supposed to be anytime now. We're just waiting for the judge to fully appreciate the facts of the case, and I think it will be anytime now," Remulla said during a TV news program.
Asked whether Ang could be arrested before Christmas, Remulla said, "Hopefully."
He added that the cases against Ang are non-bailable and that, based on available records, the businessman remains in the Philippines.
Remulla also said authorities consider Ang “armed and dangerous” and capable of putting up a fight during a possible arrest.
Despite this, the Department of the Interior and Local Government chief assured the public that Ang’s arrest would be carried out without violence.
"There will be no EJK," Remulla said, stressing that authorities will take “all precautions so that we can arrest him with no casualties.”
Earlier this month, the Department of Justice found prima facie evidence with reasonable certainty of conviction to indict Ang on 10 counts of kidnapping with homicide and 16 counts of kidnapping with serious illegal detention.
Whistleblower Julie “Dondon” Patidongan, also known as “Totoy,” earlier tagged Ang as the alleged mastermind behind the disappearances of dozens of cockfighting enthusiasts, or “sabungeros.”
Ang has denied the accusations. His lawyer, Gabriel Villareal, said Thursday that in their motion for reconsideration, the DOJ findings were “inconsistent” with the evidence presented before the panel.