Medialdea leaves Hague hospital



The Philippines’ new critical minerals policy could attract fresh investment in mining and mineral processing by giving…

Detained Sen. Rodante Marcoleta and former lawmaker Michael Defensor could face complaints for subornation of perjury…

Lloyd Jefferson Go capped a strong finish at the Indonesian Pro-Am with a birdie on his final hole Friday, carding a…

Senator Christopher “Bong” Go has provided assistance to 118 families affected by a recent fire in Barangay 51, Pasay…
Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go extended assistance to 118 families affected by a recent fire in Barangay 51, Pasay City,…
Senator Christopher “Bong” Go on Saturday said former Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea had been discharged from a hospital in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Go shared a photo of Medialdea on his official Facebook page, announcing his release from the hospital after several days of confinement.
According to Go, Medialdea underwent a heart procedure.
“The medical heart procedure performed on Attorney Medialdea was successful, but he will need to stay there for six more weeks as he is not yet allowed to travel,” Go said in Filipino.
He expressed his gratitude to the Filipinos who prayed for Medialdea and his speedy recovery.
On 18 March, Medialdea was taken from The Hague Penitentiary Institution on a stretcher and transported to a hospital by ambulance. He represented Duterte in the first hearing of the ICC pre-trial chamber.
Medialdea was one of three persons who accompanied Duterte to The Hague after his arrest on 11 March. Prior to the departure of the plane from Manila, he was handcuffed by P/Maj. Gen. Nicolas Torre III.
Torre said Medialdea was obstructing the arrest of Duterte by trying to stop the serving of the warrant on the former president.