Matibag to seek Lacson's evidence in Taguig flood probe



Police arrested two drug personalities and confiscated approximately 250 grams of high-grade marijuana "kush" worth…

The Department of Health (DOH) said San Lazaro Hospital in Manila has recorded at least three deaths from leptospirosis…
The gathering was sponsored by the European Union-funded Governance in Justice (EU-GO JUST) program.

The continuous expansion of urban areas in Metro Manila is among the factors contributing to major flooding in the…

A total of 13,441 applicants have been cleared by the Supreme Court’s Office of the Bar Confidant (OBC) to take the…
National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Melvin Matibag is looking into the possibility of asking Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson to voluntarily share with the bureau any evidence related to its flood control probe in Taguig City.
“I think yung kay Sen. Lacson pinaylan na sa Ombudsman. But if he will voluntarily give to us, share with us, we can write a letter to him to provide us evidence also for our investigation,” Matibag said.
He said the NBI will formally write to Lacson to request any evidence he may have regarding alleged irregularities in flood control projects, particularly those reportedly involving Taguig City.
Matibag said Monday that the bureau is looking into reports of alleged anomalies in flood control projects nationwide, including claims publicly raised by Lacson, as part of its broader investigation.
He noted that while Lacson had earlier indicated that his information had already been brought before the Office of the Ombudsman, the bureau would still welcome any evidence that could assist in its own investigation.
“We’re looking into it kasi may report. Actually lahat naman. Not particularly sa Taguig,” he added.
He added that the bureau is nearing the completion of several flood control investigations.
“We have to wrap up our investigation sa flood control. We have filed already 27 and we’re about 30 na tinatapos namin,” Matibag said.
Earlier, Lacson claimed there were supposed “ghost” flood control projects in Taguig, a statement that drew Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano into the issue.
Cayetano, however, denied any irregularity and maintained that repeated inspections found no ghost projects in Taguig. He also invited Lacson to personally inspect the city's flood control projects.
Earlier, the NBI said it had started looking into Lacson’s allegations while stressing that all of its investigations remain evidence-based and that no respondent has been identified solely on the basis of public statements.