Tuesday, 18 August 2026
Nasdaq -0.25%
Subscribe NowSupport Us

Daily Tribune

Daily Tribune
Subscribe
Tuesday, 18 August 2026
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Life
  • Show
  • Sports
  • Global Goals
Partner feature

The Philippines' leading digital newspaper.

News
  • Headlines
  • Page three
  • Metro
  • Nation
  • World
  • Dyaryo Tirada
  • Obituary (Remember Me)
  • SONATOTOO (archive)
Opinion
  • All columnists
  • Editorials
  • Guest essays
  • Letters to the Editor
  • Scuttlebutt
Business
  • Shipping
  • Portraits
  • Pep
  • Business Advisories
  • Technology (Tech Talks)
Life
  • Show
  • Food & Drink
  • Getaways
  • Arts & Culture
  • Social Set
  • Spaces
  • Fashion & Beauty
  • The Edit
  • Top Form
  • Next Gen
  • Sacred Space
  • Project Larawan
  • Snaps
Sports
  • Hoops
  • Volley
  • Golf
  • Goal
  • Boxing
  • Tennis
  • Esports
  • Blast

Company

  • SONATOTOO archive
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • Privacy
  • Subscribe
  • Support Us

© 2026 Daily Tribune · tribune.net.ph · Powered by Quintype

NEWS

Erice district not zeroed, says Dizon

RA

Raffy Ayeng·18 August 2026, 2:48 am·1 MIN READ

DIZON ANGRY

VINCE DIZON

Text size

Share

Partner feature

Stay informed

Get Daily Tribune in your inbox

Breaking news, opinion, and business coverage for readers in the Philippines and abroad.

Subscribe to the newsletter

Read next

Dizon backs Boying’s PPP support

Dizon backs Boying’s PPP support

What's your take?

Share

Google Preferred Sources

Get more Daily Tribune stories in your search results

Add Daily Tribune as a preferred source on Google Search.

Add to Google

Continue reading

  • Dizon backs PPPs amid DPWH reform push
    Dizon backs PPPs amid DPWH reform push
  • Palace spox challenges Rep. Erice to verbal slugfest
    Palace spox challenges Rep. Erice to verbal slugfest
  • Castro challenges Erice to face-to-face talk over Marcos claims
    Castro challenges Erice to face-to-face talk over Marcos claims
Partner feature
Partner feature
Partner feature

Suggested Articles

Pothole-plagued Maysan Road set for six-month rehabilitation
NATION

Pothole-plagued Maysan Road set for six-month rehabilitation

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will begin the rehabilitation of heavily damaged Maysan Road this…

Lisa Marie Apacible·13 August 2026

P6-B EDSA rehab marred by potholes
HEADLINES

P6-B EDSA rehab marred by potholes

‘The only problem there is the busway barriers. They are blocking the drainage of water from the busway toward the…

Raffy Ayeng·11 August 2026

‘P*tang in* naman o!’
EDITORIAL

‘P*tang in* naman o!’

Dizon’s outburst may be the most honest assessment anyone has offered. But honesty from a Cabinet secretary isn’t a fix.

DT·10 August 2026

Dizon Guarantees Transparency in Projects
NATION

Dizon Guarantees Transparency in Projects

Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Atty. Claire Castro led a press briefing on Monday, 10 August,…

Arianna Mercado·10 August 2026

Dizon: Trapped rainwater caused EDSA Busway potholes
NATION

Dizon: Trapped rainwater caused EDSA Busway potholes

Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said accumulated rainwater caused potholes to emerge along portions of the recently…

Raffy Ayeng·10 August 2026

    • Vince Dizon
    • Egay Erice
    • C-3 Project Caloocan

    Malacañang on Monday denied Caloocan 2nd District Congressman Egay Erice’s allegation that Public Works and Highways Secretary Vince Dizon would give zero budget allocation for the C-3 Project in Caloocan because he criticized the administration. 

    Erice last week revealed the allegation over a television program, telling the host of the threat of Dizon to him. 

    “We personally called Secretary Vince Dizon and informed him about what Congressman Erice had said in an interview. Secretary Vince Dizon himself denied the claim, saying that he had not spoken with Congressman Erice about the latter’s allegations,” Palace Press Officer Claire Castro Castro told reporters in a briefing.

    Castro stressed that the government is not affected by and is not giving weight to the utterances of Erice, as they are “fake news and baseless.”

    “So, there is no reason for anyone to fear him, and this administration is not afraid of any criticism. Whatever messages our fellow Filipinos may have, they are welcomed and considered by the President so he can determine what is lacking and what needs to be done,” she said.

    “But messages that have no basis do not damage or undermine the government, nor do they affect us. However, they should be corrected because some people make boastful claims and say all sorts of things against the government, only for it to turn out that these claims came from their own mouths, without any evidence whatsoever,” she added.

    Also read

    DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon introduces agency reforms
    Photos

    DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon introduces agency reforms

    Toto Lozano·10 October 2025

    Also read

    Vince Dizon
    DYARYO TIRADA

    Dizon, nadismaya sa naantalang flood control project sa Davao

    Napamura sa matinding pagkadismaya si DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon matapos niyang inspeksyunin ang matagal nang natenggang proyekto sa Palomo…

    Michael Pingol·30 July 2026