Gibo: Palawan naval facility development ongoing
‘We’re waiting for the runway to be completed before we proceed. And we’re also developing a naval facility there’

‘We’re waiting for the runway to be completed before we proceed. And we’re also developing a naval facility there’


Nigeria records about 300,000 suicide attempts annually, with at least 7,000 deaths.

The release came after a request last week from the government in the DRC, which has recorded more than 5,000 Ebola…

India wants to be developed by 2047. Its businessmen in Manila think some of that future can be built here.

Charlie Fleming is ready to make her 18th birthday extra memorable as she prepares for a debut that she promises will…

What 9 Works will do with the musical in Manila, however, remains to be seen. The company has announced the production,…
Defense Secretary Gilberto “Gibo” Teodoro Jr. said the development of a naval facility within the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement site in Palawan is ongoing.
“We’re waiting for the runway to be completed before we proceed. And we’re also developing a naval facility there,” Teodoro told reporters in an interview in Palawan on Monday.
Teodoro revealed the government’s plan to build a military reservation in the area to further improve the transportation infrastructure and “secure all the bases.”
“We’re talking to the Office of the Executive Secretary for a portion in the south to be proclaimed a military reservation so we can connect the airport in Puerto, in the seaport,” he added.
Teodoro attended the founding anniversary of the Western Command (WesCom) of the Armed Forces of the Philippines in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. He also graced the blessing of newly acquired equipment for the WesCom.
Teodoro said the Department of National Defense is awaiting the completion of a runway in the area before moving forward with the development of other military infrastructure.