Atong Ang files motion for reconsideration vs DOJ indictment



The continuous expansion of urban areas in Metro Manila is among the factors contributing to major flooding in the…

Supreme Court (SC) Associate Justice Maria Filomena Singh has underscored the vital role of Committee on Decorum and…

Peter, the most vocal and faithful of the disciples, said frankly that they all believed that He was the Messiah, the…

It has been a profound privilege and honor to serve our country alongside the dedicated men and women of the Armed…

The Department of Agriculture (DA) inaugurated the Samal Trading Post at Brgy. Gugo in the town of Samal, Bataan, on 18…
Charlie “Atong” Ang has filed a motion for reconsideration seeking to overturn his indictment on charges of homicide and kidnapping linked to the case of missing cockfight enthusiasts, his lawyer confirmed on Wednesday.
Atty. Gabriel L. Villareal, Ang’s legal counsel, answered in the affirmative when asked by reporters whether the motion for reconsideration had been submitted to reverse the Department of Justice (DOJ) resolution.
Villareal said in a text message that the motion was filed on Friday.
No further details were immediately available regarding the contents of the motion, but Villareal earlier described the DOJ’s ruling as something that “suffers from clear factual gaps and substantial inconsistencies.”
The DOJ has yet to confirm receipt of the petition.
Earlier, a DOJ panel of prosecutors found prima facie evidence “after a meticulous evaluation” of the consolidated cases filed against Ang and other respondents in connection with the disappearance of several “sabungeros.”
Ang was indicted on 10 counts of kidnapping with homicide and 16 counts of kidnapping with serious illegal detention.