
The Bureau of Customs (BoC) is strengthening safeguards over seized, forfeited and abandoned goods by deploying…

Malacañang defended the timing of its decisions to halt government work and suspend classes during severe monsoon…

Dear Atty. Peachy,

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) on Tuesday acknowledged possible gaps in the Unified 911…

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday commended an off-duty police officer who helped apprehend an alleged…
The National Bureau of Investigation-Dangerous Drugs Division (NBI-DDD) is intensifying operations in Taguig City amid intelligence reports of a growing number of suspected drug dealers and drug dens, including a possible organized “shabu tiangge” in the area.
The heightened monitoring came after NBI-DDD operatives arrested a suspected drug personality and took a minor accomplice into custody during a buy-bust operation involving P700,000 in marked money.
According to the NBI, the operation followed more than a month of surveillance and validation to establish the suspect’s alleged involvement in illegal drug distribution.
Agents arrested the principal suspect after completing the controlled transaction. A minor allegedly assisting in the activity was also taken into custody and handled in accordance with child protection laws.
Initial investigation showed that the principal suspect had previously been involved in a case as a child in conflict with the law.
Authorities are preparing appropriate charges under Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
An NBI-DDD operative involved in the case, who requested anonymity because of ongoing operations, said investigators are looking beyond the individuals arrested.
“This operation was the product of weeks of surveillance and validation, and the P700,000 marked money reflects the scale of the transaction we were targeting,” the operative said.
“But this does not end with one arrest. We are monitoring a growing number of suspected drug dealers and possible drug dens in Taguig. We are also validating intelligence on what could potentially be a shabu tiangge operating in the area,” the operative added.
NBI Director Melvin Matibag said the bureau would continue developing leads and pursuing both street-level dealers and larger networks.
“We are receiving information that indicates we cannot afford to become complacent. Our Dangerous Drugs Division will continue developing these leads and pursuing those responsible, whether they are street-level dealers or individuals operating larger networks. We will follow the evidence wherever it leads,” Matibag said.
The NBI-DDD is continuing its investigation to determine the source of the illegal drugs and identify possible accomplices.
Intelligence involving suspected drug dens and the possible “shabu tiangge” remains subject to further surveillance, verification and case build-up.
Matibag said the campaign would continue to focus on protecting communities and young people from illegal drugs.
“I will not stop these operations because behind every young person victimized by illegal drugs is a Filipino family that suffers,” he said.
“The President feels the same way and has directed us to keep the pressure on those who sell and distribute illegal drugs. Ayaw niyang mapahamak ang ating mga kabataan. We will continue doing everything within the law to protect them and our communities,” Matibag added.