
Palace Press Officer and Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary Claire Castro on Wednesday maintained that…

Vice President Sara Duterte should first account for the public funds under her office and face the allegations against…

ACT Teachers Party-list Rep. Antonio Tinio called on Palace Press Officer Claire Castro to retract her remarks…

Palace press officer and Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary Claire Castro on Wednesday declined to…

Ramil Madriaga could become a “star witness” for Vice President Sara Duterte’s defense if the prosecution calls him to…
Malacañang on Monday placed the blame on a private supplier for distributing underweight sacks of rice during a government aid event last week in Mandaluyong City.
Some beneficiaries of the 10 July distribution, which was led by First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos under the “Bawat Barangay Makikinabang” program, reported receiving sacks containing only eight kilograms of rice instead of the promised 10 kilograms.
Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said approximately 29,500 sacks were distributed at the event, with an estimated 50 sacks later discovered to be short of the weight requirement.
“The supplier acknowledged the mistake and apologized to the Mandaluyong local government,” Castro said.
According to Castro, the supplier has committed to providing an additional 10 kilograms of rice to each of the affected families without reclaiming the original eight-kilogram sacks.
Following the discrepancy, the Mandaluyong City government blacklisted the contractor from future government bidding and launched an investigation into the incident.
The relief distribution, funded through the Local Government Support Fund, targeted 3,100 vulnerable residents, including senior citizens, public utility drivers and children with disabilities across the city’s 27 neighborhoods.