SUBSCRIBE NOW SUPPORT US

Rhian Ramos, Michelle Dee, and Samantha Panlilio face serious allegations after former driver files NBI case

Showbiz BFFs Rhian Ramos and Michelle Dee
Showbiz BFFs Rhian Ramos and Michelle DeeGMA Network
Published on

A cloud of serious accusations has descended on three high-profile figures—Rhian Ramos, Michelle Dee, and Samantha Panlilio—after a former driver filed a complaint before the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), alleging violent abuse inside a private residence in Makati earlier this month.

The complainant, identified only by the alias “Totoy,” said he was employed as Ramos’ personal driver.

In a sworn account and subsequent media interviews, he alleged that on the early morning of Jan. 17, he was physically assaulted inside his employer’s condominium unit following a work engagement. He further claimed that the ordeal escalated into prolonged abuse that left him traumatized and contemplating self-harm.

“Galing kami sa taping… Pag-uwi ko po ng alas tres ng madaling araw… Pagbaba ko po ng gamit, bigla akong hinawakan at binugbog ako sa loob,” Totoy said. “Nagmamakaawa po ako, at binubugbog pa rin nila ako.”

According to his account, the incident did not end there.

Totoy alleged that the following day, overwhelmed by what he described as continued intimidation and violence, he attempted to jump from the 39th floor of the building. The fall was interrupted when an electrical cable caught him, swinging his body toward a lower floor instead. He said he eventually made his way to the building lobby, only to be intercepted by security personnel and brought back to the unit.

Back inside, Totoy claimed that two other women joined the assault. In a detailed narration, he accused Dee of humiliating and physically abusing him.

“Dumating yung [beauty queen], pinarusahan niya ako… Hinubaran niya ako, binuhusan niya ako ng alcohol sa katawan…” he recalled. When he asked what would happen next, he said the response was chilling: “Sabi niya, ‘Maglaro tayo.’”

Totoy further alleged that bodyguards present in the unit continued to beat him even after one of the actresses left, forcing him to endure additional physical and psychological harm.

“Ilang beses akong tumumba sa upuan, pero kahit anong makaawa ko wala na ako sa kanila,” he said. “Mga kasama ko sa trabaho yan sila, hindi po sila naawa sa akin.”

The controversy deepened when Totoy was later detained over a separate complaint for qualified theft filed against him—an accusation that stemmed from his alleged possession of sensitive photos. He maintained that the images were discovered by his wife inside an envelope and that he immediately sought to return them to his employer.

The Makati City prosecutor eventually dismissed the theft complaint, noting in its resolution that “there was no basis to effect the warrantless arrest of the respondent” and that “there is no basis to hold that the crime of Theft had just been committed” at the time he was confronted. Totoy was released after three days in detention.

Following his release, he sought assistance from the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC), which helped him elevate his complaint to the NBI. He also accused unidentified police officers of physically hurting him during his detention, saying he would recognize them if given the chance.

In response to the allegations, the actresses’ legal counsel released a statement aired on GMA’s “24 Oras,” saying they have yet to receive a copy of the NBI complaint but are prepared to answer the charges once formally furnished.

As investigations proceed, the case has ignited intense public scrutiny, raising troubling questions about power, accountability, and due process—questions that authorities say will be addressed as the NBI evaluates the claims and counterclaims surrounding the incident.

Latest Stories

No stories found.
logo
Daily Tribune
tribune.net.ph