Thursday, 20 August 2026
Nasdaq +0.18%
Subscribe NowSupport Us

Daily Tribune

Daily Tribune
Subscribe
Thursday, 20 August 2026
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Life
  • Show
  • Sports
  • Global Goals
Partner feature

The Philippines' leading digital newspaper.

News
  • Headlines
  • Page three
  • Metro
  • Nation
  • World
  • Dyaryo Tirada
  • Obituary (Remember Me)
  • SONATOTOO (archive)
Opinion
  • All columnists
  • Editorials
  • Guest essays
  • Letters to the Editor
  • Scuttlebutt
Business
  • Shipping
  • Portraits
  • Pep
  • Business Advisories
  • Technology (Tech Talks)
Life
  • Show
  • Food & Drink
  • Getaways
  • Arts & Culture
  • Social Set
  • Spaces
  • Fashion & Beauty
  • The Edit
  • Top Form
  • Next Gen
  • Sacred Space
  • Project Larawan
  • Snaps
Sports
  • Hoops
  • Volley
  • Golf
  • Goal
  • Boxing
  • Tennis
  • Esports
  • Blast

Company

  • SONATOTOO archive
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • Privacy
  • Subscribe
  • Support Us

© 2026 Daily Tribune · tribune.net.ph · Powered by Quintype

WORLD

Hamas disarming plan raises concerns

Israeli intelligence had found that Hamas had been rearming and recruiting forces.

AF

Agence France-Presse·4 August 2026, 1:09 am·1 MIN READ

Hamas disarming plan raises concerns

Mandel NGAN / AFP

Text size

Share

Partner feature

Stay informed

Get Daily Tribune in your inbox

Breaking news, opinion, and business coverage for readers in the Philippines and abroad.

Subscribe to the newsletter

Read next

Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year

Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year

What's your take?

Share

Google Preferred Sources

Get more Daily Tribune stories in your search results

Add Daily Tribune as a preferred source on Google Search.

Add to Google

Continue reading

  • Trump claims Hormuz ‘new U.S. territory’
    Trump claims Hormuz ‘new U.S. territory’
  •  Traitorous deal
    Traitorous deal
  • Northern Negros eyes CENECO model amid P2.1B grid overhaul
    Northern Negros eyes CENECO model amid P2.1B grid overhaul
Partner feature
Partner feature
Partner feature

Suggested Articles

BSP: Digital payments account for nearly two-thirds of retail volume
BUSINESS

BSP: Digital payments account for nearly two-thirds of retail volume

Digital payments accounted for 64.7 percent of total retail payment volume in the Philippines in 2025, up from 57.4…

Toby Magsaysay·11 hours ago

ICC says US sanctions 'undermine the rule of law'
WORLD

ICC says US sanctions 'undermine the rule of law'

US sanctions on top members of the International Criminal Court "undermine the rule of law", the court said…

Agence France-Presse·22 hours ago

Philippine media leaders unite in interfaith prayer for peace
PEP

Philippine media leaders unite in interfaith prayer for peace

Media professionals and communicators from different faith backgrounds gathered in prayer during the Global Prayer…

DT·19 August 2026

America threatens Oman on Iran deal
WORLD

America threatens Oman on Iran deal

WASHINGTON (AFP) — President Donald Trump threatened Monday to bomb Oman if it “gets in the way” of a US deal with Iran…

Agence France-Presse·18 August 2026

Trump scales back U.S.-South Korea drills
WORLD

Trump scales back U.S.-South Korea drills

WASHINGTON (AFP) — President Donald Trump’s decision to scale back annual military drills with South Korea has raised…

Agence France-Presse·18 August 2026

  • JERUSALEM (AFP) — Israel has conveyed concerns to the United States on a Gaza plan hailed by President Donald Trump after Hamas said it had agreed on disarmament, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said on Monday.

    “Israel has conveyed its comments and concerns on the proposed framework to our American counterparts. The version that has been made public does not reflect Israel’s positions,” Doron Spielman, spokesperson for the prime minister’s office, told Agence France-Presse.

    He said that Israeli intelligence had found that Hamas had been rearming and recruiting forces since a ceasefire announced by Trump in October, which has reduced the level of violence although Israel has kept up strikes.

    Hamas announced on Friday that it had agreed to the next stage of a deal that includes handing over weapons to a nascent Palestinian governing committee.

    Trump called the move a “major milestone” in efforts to end the devastating war that opened with the Hamas attack on Israel of 7 October 2023 and told reporters that Israel was “very happy” about the developments.

    But Netanyahu’s spokesperson said that Hamas’s actions showed it was preparing for “further October 7-style massacres” and noted that the plan released by Trump’s Board of Peace called for Gaza to be “a deradicalized terror-free zone that does not pose a threat to its neighbors.”

    “That vision stands in direct contrast to the current reality and to Hamas’s stated intentions. The indispensable first step toward any lasting arrangement is the genuine, verifiable and irreversible demilitarization of Hamas,” he said.

    • Israel Hamas disarmament deal
    • Gaza peace plan Trump
    • Netanyahu Hamas concerns

    Also read

    Top Hamas leader rejects disarmament
or ‘foreign rule’
    WORLD

    Top Hamas leader rejects disarmament or ‘foreign rule’

    DOHA, Qatar (AFP) — A senior Hamas leader said Sunday that the Palestinian Islamist movement would not surrender its weapons nor accept…

    Agence France-Presse·9 February 2026

    Also read

    Hamas agrees to disarm under Trump plan
    WORLD

    Hamas agrees to disarm under Trump plan

    A committee established by Trump’s Board of Peace to govern Gaza would oversee the process of storing the Islamist movement’s weapons.

    Agence France-Presse·1 August 2026