Floodwaters recede in Makati, Mandaluyong



The continuous expansion of urban areas in Metro Manila is among the factors contributing to major flooding in the…

Behind the monstrous corruption lurks another tough opponent many have discounted: politics.

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has renewed its warning against a phishing scam that sends…

It starts raining, and it is coming down hard.

By checking your home before the next storm arrives, you can help keep your household safer and more comfortable.
Floodwaters in several areas of Mandaluyong and Makati subsided Saturday afternoon, according to the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), allowing traffic to resume in roads that had earlier been affected by flooding.
In its 4:05 p.m. flood update, the MMDA said flooding along the EDSA-Ortigas Service Road southbound in Mandaluyong subsided as of 3:08 p.m., with water reaching gutter-deep levels of about eight inches.
The area was declared passable to all types of vehicles.
Flooding at EDSA Highway near 54 Mall southbound in Mandaluyong also subsided at around 3:20 p.m. Water remained gutter-deep along the outermost lane, but the road was likewise open to all motorists.
The MMDA also reported that floodwaters at the corner of F. Ortigas Street and Boni Avenue in Mandaluyong had receded. Water levels were estimated at about eight inches, and vehicles were allowed to pass through the area.
In Makati, flooding along EDSA-Orense southbound had also subsided as of 3:11 p.m. The MMDA said water remained gutter-deep on the outermost lane, but the road was passable to all types of vehicles.
The agency said it continues to monitor flood-prone areas across Metro Manila and advised motorists to remain alert for possible changes in road conditions.