Vida confirms justice secretary appointment



Regional Public Works officials said overall progress reached 42.3 percent based on total project costs as of July 2026.

Health officials in Central Visayas urged parents Wednesday to consult medical professionals rather than social media…

BoC says father denies owning second firearm

Not all wedding gatecrashers are bad.

More than 100 city government employees are taking a major step toward homeownership as Pag-IBIG Fund and the Naga City…
Department of Justice (DoJ) Officer-in-Charge Fredderick Vida confirmed Thursday he has received his appointment as Secretary of Justice.
“Before coming here to the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) anniversary program, I officially received my appointment,” he said during the NBI’s 89th anniversary celebration.
“I started the program as Officer in Charge and at the middle of the program, I am secretary,” he said.
Vida, a former mayor of Mendez, Cavite, had been overseeing the DoJ’s finance, administration, and personnel clusters. He succeeded Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla.
Meanwhile, Vida urged NBI personnel to uphold integrity, fairness, and the rule of law as the agency marked its 89th anniversary.
“When our constituents come to us, they don’t talk about the NBI, DoJ, BI, PNP or PDEA. They come asking for help,” Vida said.
He reminded the staff to treat every applicant or complainant with dignity, noting that basic services such as the issuance of an NBI clearance can determine whether a Filipino secures employment.