U.S. approves sale of $3B in munitions, bulldozers to Israel
‘The United States is committed to the security of Israel.’

‘The United States is committed to the security of Israel.’


The release came after a request last week from the government in the DRC, which has recorded more than 5,000 Ebola…

Alex Eala is guaranteed another huge payday even before hitting a single ball at the US Open.

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Amid growing concerns over school shootings in the region and elsewhere, barangay officials and…

The provincial government has placed Bulacan under a state of calamity due to damage caused by the enhanced southwest…

The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and its regional counterparts have agreed to strengthen cooperation on financial…
WASHINGTON, United States (AFP) — The United States on Friday announced the approval of the sale of more than $3 billion in munitions, bulldozers and related equipment to Israel, which used American-made weapons to devastating effect in densely populated Gaza.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio signed off on the sales of $2.04 billion in bomb bodies and warheads, another $675.7 million in other bomb bodies and guidance kits, and $295 million in bulldozers and related equipment, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said.
Rubio “has determined and provided detailed justification that an emergency exists that requires the immediate sale to the government of Israel of the above defense articles and defense services in the national security interests of the United States,” DSCA said.
That results in the waiver of the usual requirement that such sales be approved by Congress, it said.
“The United States is committed to the security of Israel, and it is vital to US national interests to assist Israel to develop and maintain a strong and ready self-defense capability,” DSCA added.
The latest weapons transactions come after Washington approved the sales of more than $7.4 billion in bombs, missiles and related equipment to Israel earlier this month.
Israel launched a hugely destructive offensive against Hamas in Gaza in October 2023 in response to an unprecedented attack by the Palestinian militant group that month.