LTO revokes license of driver in QC road crash



Philippine National Police (PNP) operatives arrested the vice mayor of Marantao, Lanao del Sur, in Iligan City over…
More than 1,400 Nagueños are a step closer to securing ownership of the land they occupy after receiving assistance…

BAGUIO CITY — Weeks of heavy rain brought an unexpected benefit to Baguio City, filling much of the newly rehabilitated…

FPolice arrested a 21-year-old Chinese national Thursday morning after he allegedly assaulted a security guard and…

Police arrested a 34-year-old burglary suspect Thursday after officers tracked his location using the active GPS…
The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has permanently revoked the license of the truck driver involved in the fatal 28 May road crash along Batasan-San Mateo Road in Quezon City that killed three and seriously injured several others.
LTO Chief, Assistant Secretary Atty. Vigor D. Mendoza II, announced the decision on Thursday, saying the driver tested positive for illegal drug use following the crash in Barangay Batasan Hills.
“Aside from the revocation, the truck driver was also perpetually disqualified from being granted a driver’s license,” Mendoza said.
“This should serve as a stern warning that the use of illegal drugs and even drunk driving will never be tolerated and will be faced with serious consequences. Let us be reminded that the granting of a driver’s license is a privilege that can be revoked any time once a person defies all the expectations for him to be a responsible and disciplined driver,” he added.
According to the initial report, the driver claimed that his truck lost its brakes while traveling along Batasan-San Mateo Road. He said he lost control of the steering wheel, causing the trailer to fall onto the center island and crash into several vehicles.
While the driver tested negative for alcohol, he tested positive for illegal drugs, specifically shabu, during the mandatory drug test.
“Mahigpit ang bilin ng ating DOTr Secretary Vince Dizon na walang second chance sa mga driver na gumagamit ng iligal na droga, kaya zero-tolerance tayo dito,” Mendoza emphasized.
Earlier this year during the Holy Week exodus, the LTO also revoked the licenses of nearly 100 bus drivers and conductors who tested positive for illegal drugs.
Mendoza said the latest action is part of the broader campaign against erring motorists, in line with President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s directive to intensify road safety enforcement under the guidance of Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Vince Dizon.