Businessman named OPAV chief



Sen. Risa Hontiveros said she is preparing for a possible presidential bid in the May 2028 elections as she pushed for…

The veteran theater actress wants 'The Notebook' audiences to know the love story before they see it unfold across…

MaArte Fair 2026 transformed The Peninsula Manila into a grand cultural sanctuary under this year’s whimsical and…

ILOILO CITY — Thirty vegetable growers from cluster associations in various municipalities of Capiz underwent a…
CEBU CITY — For jobseekers in Central Visayas, Saturday’s celebration of the 32nd anniversary of the Technical…
President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has appointed prominent Cebu businessman Philip Lo as secretary of the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas (OPAV).
Lo previously served as chairman of the board of the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP).
In a statement, Lo expressed gratitude to the President for the appointment and vowed to serve as a vital link between the Visayas and Malacañang.
"I sincerely thank the President for giving me the opportunity to serve as the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas. I will serve as a bridge between the people of the Visayas and the Office of the President," Lo said.
He said he intends to work closely with national government agencies, local government units, and other stakeholders to ensure that government programs and services are effectively delivered to communities across the Visayas.
"One of my goals is to make government more accessible, responsive, and effective for every Visayan," he added.