Bangsamoro police hazing case suspects at 54



During the escape attempt, the motorcycle struck an officer, knocking him to the ground and causing injuries.

Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman George Erwin Garcia said the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao…

A police intelligence officer was killed after a buy-bust operation against suspected illegal firearms dealers turned…

The Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) has ordered the administrative relief of 12 personnel…
The Philippine National Police (PNP) arrested Marantao, Lanao del Sur Vice Mayor Ali Eskandar Unte Alonto III, alias…
The number of police officers facing complaints in connection with a hazing incident in Basilan has jumped to 54, up from 12 earlier this week, Philippine National Police (PNP) officials said Wednesday.
During a press briefing at Camp Crame, PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Randulf Tuaño said the list of respondents grew as investigators gathered more information regarding the incident in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Tuaño said the 54 implicated officers include one colonel, one major, four captains, seven corporals, and 41 patrolmen. He added that the figure could rise as the investigation continues.
To recall, the alleged hazing took place last week at the Regional Mobile Force Battalion headquarters in Barangay Ubit, Lamitan City.
Investigators said more than 100 recruits were subjected to physical abuse, including being forced to duck-walk and roll on the ground while being beaten with wooden sticks and arnis sticks.
All 54 officers have been placed under restrictive custody. The Police Regional Office in BARMM is currently evaluating the preventive suspension of the involved personnel as the legal process moves forward in the prosecutor’s office.