Palace confirms Magno’s designation as NBI OIC
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malacañang has announced the appointment of Assistant Director Lito Magno as officer in charge of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) following the resignation of NBI Director Jaime Santiago in August.
In a press briefing here on Monday, Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro announced Magno’s designation. “It is confirmed that the resignation of former NBI Director Jimmy Santiago has been accepted, and the OIC now who was appointed, is Lito Magno,” she said.
Magno previously led NBI offices in Northern Mindanao and Central Luzon, where he handled major cases involving human trafficking, organized crime, and fraud. He also took part in the operation that led to the arrest of former Bamban Mayor Alice Guo in Indonesia.
Before stepping down, Santiago cited “detractors” with “sinister interest” in his position that have allegedly blemished his reputation.
“Those covert moves started when I tendered my courtesy resignation in response to your call. To my mind, lies, if repeated over time, will give a semblance of truth,” Santiago told Marcos in his resignation letter.

