Persons of interest in NIA whistleblower slay identified
The investigation includes reviewing Antatico’s work at NIA-10, where he resigned last November.

The investigation includes reviewing Antatico’s work at NIA-10, where he resigned last November.


Ateneo de Zamboanga University has expanded mental health and counseling support for students and staff affected by a…

Angara said DepEd was increasing coordination with local governments and asking village officials to patrol school…
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) plans to expand its Parent Effectiveness Service program…

Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla on Thursday visited Zamboanga City to oversee the investigation into the Ateneo de…

The Department of Justice (DOJ) is investigating possible online recruitment and mentoring of minors in connection with…
Cagayan de Oro City — Police have identified several persons of interest in the killing of a former legal researcher who was shot dead by motorcycle-riding gunmen here on Friday.
To recall, Niruh Kyle Antatico — a former legal researcher for the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) — was gunned down at Crossing Patag.
Police director Brig. Gen. Christopher Abrahano of the Northern Mindanao Police Regional Office (PRO-10) disclosed that Antatico had received death threats as early as last year.
While the director declined to provide details, police are working to determine if the threats are linked to the murder.
“The PRO-10 is actively pursuing leads and gathering evidence to apprehend the suspects,” Abrahano said. “The police are also reviewing possible motives behind the killing.”
The investigation includes reviewing Antatico’s work at NIA-10, where he resigned last November.
Before his resignation, Antatico used his Facebook account to post photos of an unfinished irrigation project that he said was affecting farmers who were supposed to be the beneficiaries.
“Until now, the farmers cannot use it; no test run conducted,” he wrote in a post. “Of course, how can [they] conduct a test if it’s not connected? There are segments that are cut off.”
In another post, Antatico shared a letter he had written to NIA Administrator Educardo Gueilern, NIA Region 10 director Larry Franda, and an official identified as Mr. Pazute of NIA Marawi City, urging them to inspect and complete the project.
Police are looking into whether Antatico’s alleged exposure of an anomaly led to his death. Antatico, who was a law student, did not renew his contract with NIA last July due to death threats he had reportedly received over the issue.
He had previously served as a legal officer for Misamis Oriental and Camiguin province before joining NIA as a contractual employee.
Authorities are urging anyone with information about the crime to come forward and cooperate, assuring that all information will be treated with confidentiality.