
The Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC) is putting 70 properties across Luzon up for electronic public…

PAL’s Ultimate Seat Sale runs from 24 to 30 August, giving travelers access to discounted fares across its network; the…

Nestlé Philippines has thrown its support behind the Department of Agriculture’s (DA) newly created Coffee Industry…

Of the £1.8 billion worth of Philippine goods shipped to the UK in 2025, around £299 million qualified for benefits…

Word around the trading floor is that a big-name global fund, which flies in with billions and a fancy acronym for a…
Philippine Airlines (PAL) will stop all turboprop flights to and from Manila starting in March, as the airline withdraws all turboprop operations at Ninoy Aquino International Airport under updated slot rules.
The airline said Monday the move follows the 29 July 2025 resolution of the Manila Slot Coordination Committee.
Passengers with existing bookings “will be rerouted to PAL’s alternative hubs in Cebu, Clark, and Iloilo, ensuring continued connectivity to affected destinations while maintaining full compliance with updated regulatory requirements.”
Several routes will shift. Manila–Busuanga (Coron)–Manila flights will become Clark–Busuanga (Coron)–Clark; Manila–Siargao–Manila will move to Clark–Siargao–Clark; Manila–Antique–Manila will shift to Manila–Iloilo–Manila; and Manila–Catarman–Manila will move to Cebu–Catarman–Cebu.
“With the mandated transition of turboprop services out of NAIA, PAL will introduce additional domestic jet frequencies beginning March 2026, expanding capacity on high-demand routes and providing passengers with more travel options,” the airline said.
Expanded weekly services will include Manila–Cebu at up to 76 flights, Manila–Dumaguete up to 21 flights, Manila–Iloilo up to 42 flights, Manila–Roxas up to 14 flights, and Manila–Tacloban up to 28 flights.
PAL said passengers booked on affected flights “will receive updated itineraries, with options for rebooking, rerouting, or refund as needed.”
These include the option to rebook “in the same cabin class on a flight with available space within 60 days from the original travel date,” convert unused tickets into Travel Credits valid for two years with a 5 percent bonus value, or request a refund for the unused ticket, excluding the ticketing service charge.
Budget airline Cebu Pacific made a similar announcement last week, also confirming it will discontinue turboprop flights at Manila as part of the same regulatory shift.