Marcos orders DOTr, CAAP to monitor Zaldy Co’s aircrafts abroad



A lawyer from the camp of former House Speaker Martin Romualdez expressed that the Office of the Ombudsman should…

Two brothers from Tuguegarao City, Cagayan, who had been wanted for murder and allegedly evaded authorities for about…
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has begun examining digital evidence recovered from the minor behind the Ateneo de…

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Wednesday said the government’s efforts at flood control could not fully keep pace…

First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos recently gathered sugar industry stakeholders in Negros Occidental to discuss how the…
President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has instructed the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) to coordinate with authorities in Malaysia and Singapore to ensure that air assets owned by former Ako Bicol representative Zaldy Co are not moved.
The aircraft in question, registered under Misibis Aviation and Development Corporation, are covered by a freeze order issued by the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC).
In a video message posted on Facebook on Friday, Marcos emphasized that all movement, transactions and use of the aircraft are prohibited under the AMLC order.
“Nagkaroon na ng freeze order ang AMLC, kaya lahat ng galaw at disposisyon ng mga aircraft na ito ay lalong-lalo na ngayon ay ipinagbabawal dahil kailangan natin ipaalam sa lahat ng mga pugante, hindi puwedeng gamitin ang mga ari-arian na galing sa kaban ng bayan na ninakaw ninyo para tumakas o umiwas sa batas,” the President said.
“You cannot steal from Filipino people and expect to hide or fly away on your private jets,” he added, stressing that the government is pursuing those responsible for the misappropriation of public funds.
“You have the money to run, but you cannot outrun the Republic of the Philippines.”
Marcos also provided an update on other ongoing recovery efforts. The Department of Justice confirmed that Henry Alcantara has returned P110 million to the government and is set to return an additional P200 million within two weeks.
“This government intends to bring back every peso, every asset, every person responsible and return it to the Filipino people,” Marcos said.