
Nigeria records about 300,000 suicide attempts annually, with at least 7,000 deaths.

The release came after a request last week from the government in the DRC, which has recorded more than 5,000 Ebola…

Grenada restores its Manila presence, putting fresh weight behind a young relationship with the Philippines.

The provincial government has placed Bulacan under a state of calamity due to damage caused by the enhanced southwest…

Experts say many older adults may be living with undiagnosed nerve damage.
Despite concerns over limited tariff cuts, the Department of Agriculture remains upbeat that an emerging trade agreement with the United States could help bring down food prices and strengthen the country’s supply.
Agriculture Secretary Francisco Tiu Laurel Jr. said Sunday that Philippine trade negotiators have assured him that key agricultural products — rice, corn, sugar, chicken, fish, and pork — will be protected under the proposed deal.
“Secretary Frederick Go and Trade Secretary Cristina Roque have assured us that the top priority for Philippine trade negotiators is protecting our local producers,” Tiu Laurel said.
US President Donald Trump earlier claimed the Philippines had agreed to impose a 19 percent tariff on exports to the US while allowing duty-free entry for American products. Malacañang later clarified that negotiations are still underway and no final deal has been signed.
Go, who sits as the Special Assistant to President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. for Investment and Economic Affairs, maintained that the government has not made any concessions that could hurt local producers.
He said any trade pact must “strike a balance between improving market access and safeguarding the livelihoods of Filipino workers and farmers.”