OFW found dead in Milan apartment



Some dancers take to the stage to express themselves and be seen. Others work quietly and steadfastly to build a world…

Grenada restores its Manila presence, putting fresh weight behind a young relationship with the Philippines.

The Philippines is pushing for deeper regional cooperation in space science and technology as it works toward the…

Wise is expanding its Philippine services with QR Ph payments, Philippine peso account details and higher real-time…
Outdated formula cuts number of poor
Filipino domestic worker was found dead inside his employer’s apartment along Via Randaccio in Milan last Sunday evening, around 6:30 p.m.
The victim was identified as 61-year-old Angelito Acob Manansala. According to a report from a local Milan-based news outlet, the apartment’s owner — a 52-year-old Israeli national and member of the Jewish community — had just returned from vacation when he discovered Manansala’s body and caught a man rummaging through the apartment.
Police later identified the intruder as a 28-year-old man from Gambia. Authorities believe he broke into the apartment and killed Manansala after being caught in the act.
In a statement released Monday, the Philippine Consulate General in Milan said that the victim appeared to have been strangled.
“Our kababayan seemed to have been strangled to death by the suspect who broke into the home of the Israeli employer near Parco Sempione. The suspect was arrested by police right at the scene,” the consulate said.
On Tuesday, Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) Undersecretary for Foreign Employment and Welfare Felicitas Bay confirmed that the agency had been informed of the incident by Milan’s Migrant Workers Office. They are now in touch with Manansala’s family to arrange the repatriation of his remains.