Connect with us

Latest

‘Ayuda’ distribution in NCR extended until end August

Published

on

The deadline for the cash aid distribution to poor residents adversely affected by the two-week lockdown in Metro Manila has been extended until the end of August, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año announced Tuesday.

Año said the extension was approved following the request of local officials who needed more time to finish the distribution of the remaining 25 percent of the P11.25 billion worth of financial assistance to those who were affected by enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the capital region from 6 to 20 August.

“Bukas ang pagtatapos ng deadline. Atin pong ine-extend ang pamamahagi ng ayuda hanggang 31 August para makapagbigay pa ng tamang panahon… at upang makapag-adjust ang LGUs sa waitlisted na nag-a-appeal makatanggap,” he said during the televised meeting of the pandemic task force with President Rodrigo Duterte.

Of the P11.25 billion worth of cash aid earmarked for Metro Manila residents, 75 percent or P8.44 billion has been distributed, Año said.

So far, the local government of Caloocan is the sole city in the metro which has completed the distribution of its P1.34 billion financial assistance to its qualified beneficiaries, based on Año’s presentation during the meeting.

Pateros trailed Caloocan after it distributed 96 percent of its P52.41 million budget, followed by Manila (82 percent of P1.52 billion), Mandaluyong (82 percent of P364 million), and Parañaque (77 percent of P604 million).

On the other hand, Marikina has distributed 76 percent of its P384 million cash aid budget, followed by Malabon (75 percent of P307 million), Taguig (75 percent of P805 million), Quezon City (75 percent of P2.48 billion), and Navotas (71 percent of P199 million),

Pasay has disbursed 68 percent of its P356 million budget, San Juan has logged 67 percent of P101 million, Makati has tallied 65 percent of P517 million, and Pasig has reported 62 percent of its P681 million.

Muntinlupa and Valenzuela, meanwhile, were the least performing cities in terms of distribution speed with 55 percent of its P442 million budget and 50 percent of its P589 million fund, respectively.

Meanwhile, the provinces of Laguna and Bataan have also yet to complete the cash aid distribution for its residents severely affected by the ECQ imposed this month, Año said.

The assistance was released directly to the concerned local government units, which were in charge of distributing the funds to their residents who qualified as beneficiaries. They were initially given 15 days to finish the process.

Similar to the previous lockdown last March and April, each qualified recipient received cash assistance worth P1,000. However, the amount would not exceed P4,000 per family.

Local officials were required to submit their fund utilization reports to the national government after the distribution process.

Advertisement

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Advertisement
Advertisement