Connect with us

Nation

Deadly betamax, isaw claim two

Published

on

Two sisters died within three days of each other, reportedly from eating isaw (skewered intestine) and betamax (blood cake) in Milaor, Camarines Sur.

Dead on arrival at a local hospital after eating the street food was Lyka Alba, 10, while 13-year-old Edna succumbed after being confined for three days.

Their brother JR survived after spitting out the food because of its bad taste.

Their mother, also named Edna, said on TV that it was Lyka who brought home from school the isaw and betamax, which she shared with her sister and brother.

A few hours after eating, Lyka complained of dizziness before vomiting and was rushed via pedicab to a hospital where she expired. Her elder sister was hospitalized too but died three days later.

The Camarines Sur police are trying to determine where Lyka bought the deadly betamax and isaw.

Advertisement

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Advertisement
Advertisement