The Department of Justice (DOJ) said details on the transfer of custody of Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa cannot be revealed once the senator has been arrested.
DOJ spokesperson Polo Martinez on Friday asserted that operational matters cannot be disclosed to undermine the ultimate objective of bringing him to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and ensuring justice.
Alongside this, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) earlier said Dela Rosa, who served as PNP chief under former president Rodrigo Duterte, will be brought to the DOJ once arrested.
Dela Rosa is currently facing an ICC arrest warrant for his alleged role as a co-perpetrator in the crime against humanity during Duterte’s campaign against illegal drugs.
The ICC’s arrest warrant issued against Dela Rosa in November last year was said to first undergo examination by a local court before its implementation.
Additionally, the Supreme Court on Wednesday denied Dela Rosa’s plea for a temporary restraining order (TRO) against the implementation of the ICC’s arrest warrant.