Joint venture quest begins to digitize New Clark City after failed bidding



In its August 2026 rating action, Japan-based Rating & Investment Information, Inc. said the Philippine economy is…
Shirley Kuan, Bea Alonzo's manager, has tendered her resignation last week.
More than 1,400 Nagueños are a step closer to securing ownership of the land they occupy after receiving assistance…

Lloyd Jefferson Go capped a strong finish at the Indonesian Pro-Am with a birdie on his final hole Friday, carding a…

The provincial government has placed Bulacan under a state of calamity due to damage caused by the enhanced southwest…
The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) is seeking private partners through a joint venture project to digitize New Clark City (NCC), after the initial bidding process in 2023 failed.
According to the BCDA communications team, the bidding process was suspended before any offers were made. Upon review, officials determined that the project — centered on the commercialization of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure in NCC — falls under the scope of the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Code.
As a result, the agency has restarted the process through a competitive bidding framework.
“The BCDA, with assistance from the Asian Development Bank, is currently in the process of selecting a joint venture partner for the commercialization and, as necessary, the expansion, repair, and maintenance of passive ICT infrastructure in New Clark City. This rigorous process is carried out in accordance with Republic Act No. 11966 or the PPP Code and its implementing rules and regulations,” the BCDA said on Thursday.
BCDA President and CEO Joshua Bingcang said the selection process is expected to be completed within the year, with the signing of the joint venture agreement targeted for the fourth quarter of 2025.
“More than providing fast and affordable internet connection to residents and businesses, this project will become pivotal in the smart urban development of New Clark City. This will also help usher the fifth industrial revolution in the country, attracting high-value investments in the digital and high-tech industries and creating demand for highly skilled Filipino workers in these sectors,” he explained.
The estimated P2.5-billion project will be implemented under the “Open Access Fiber” model. This approach is designed to build robust fiber infrastructure while promoting a competitive ICT services market for government offices, businesses, and residents of New Clark City.
The model allows multiple data transmission providers (DTPs) to use a shared physical network, reducing infrastructure costs. In turn, DTPs can offer affordable, innovative, and carrier-grade services to third-party users. The system will also serve as a backbone for e-governance platforms and smart city development.
Spanning 9,450 hectares, New Clark City is envisioned to become the country’s first smart, sustainable, and future-ready metropolis. Once fully developed, it is projected to host a population of 1.2 million and a total workforce of 600,000.
“A pre-qualification conference will be held on 04 June 2025, 2:00PM at the ADB Headquarters in Mandaluyong City,” according to the BCDA.