70 more New Bilibid Prison cadavers buried
The Bureau of Correction buried 70 mummified inmates’ cadavers anew at the Bilibid Prison Cemetery in Muntinlupa City on Friday, 2 December. The cadavers are still part of the 176 unclaimed deceased persons deprived of liberty from Eastern Funeral Services. Photo by Bob Dungo Jr.
The Bureau of Corrections on Friday buried 70 more unclaimed remains of persons deprived of liberty who died at the New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa City.
According to Bucor Public Information Office Chief Corrections Chief Insp. Sonny del Rosario, there was a “mass internment of unclaimed PDLs’ cadavers at the NBP’s cemetery.”
The BuCor also buried 70 unclaimed remains last month at the NBP cemetery.
There were 176 PDLs who died since last year and their remains have been kept at the Eastern Funeral Services in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
Del Rosario said BuCor has yet to schedule the burial of the 36 remaining unclaimed remains.
Last week, NBP’s chief of the NBP Hospital and acting director of BuCor’s Directorate for Health and Welfare Services CTSupt. Ma. Cecila V. Villanueva said the reason why there are many unclaimed remains is because relatives who come no longer claim the bodies and just get the death certificates.
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media