DoLE earmarks P445M for emergency employment

He promised additional TUPAD funds if the initial allocation was insufficient and emphasized the program’s improved implementation by providing beneficiaries with skill training.
DoLE earmarks P445M for emergency employment

The Department of Labor and Employment announced on Sunday that it has allocated P455.6 million for the ongoing implementation of its emergency employment program in Central Luzon and Calabarzon that were devastated by typhoon "Karding" last week.

Informal sector workers in the said regions are employed for a minimum of 10 days under the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers program to assist in clearing, cleaning, de-clogging of canals, debris segregation, materials recovery, and other activities required in the rehabilitation of their communities.

Labor Secretary Bienvenio Laguesma promised workers affected by the typhoon continued assistance, adding that there will be additional TUPAD funds if the initial allocation was insufficient.

He also emphasized the program's improved implementation by providing beneficiaries with skill training.

DoLE Central Luzon regional director Geraldine Panlilio said that a total of P365 million has been allocated for the program's implementation in collaboration with the region's local government units and Public Employment Service Offices.

She added that 14,000 beneficiaries are currently employed through the program, with another 29,000 set to begin work next week.

The DoLE Regional Office also paid the salaries of 31,333 TUPAD beneficiaries in Bulacan, Tarlac, and Bataan immediately following the typhoon's devastation last week.

Panlilio said the DoLE Central Luzon is partnering with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority for the carpentry skills training of workers in Bulacan, Aurora, and Nueva Ecija to upgrade the skills of emergency employment beneficiaries.

"The beneficiaries will not only work for 10 days, but they will also gain carpentry skills. In this way, they will not only construct their own homes, but they might also be employed by construction companies," Panlilio said.

Meanwhile, DoLE Calabarzon regional director Exequiel Ronie Guzman stated that P90.6 million has been allocated initially for the emergency employment of informal sector workers affected by typhoon "Karding" in the region.

Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/

Follow us on our social media

Facebook: @tribunephl

Youtube: TribuneNow

Twitter: @tribunephl

Instagram: @dailytribunephl

TikTok: @dailytribuneofficial

Viber: https://shorturl.at/agnZ6

Related Stories

No stories found.

Subscribe to Our Newspaper

logo
Daily Tribune
tribune.net.ph