Pursuit operations vs Bukidnon insurgents continue
The clash resulted in the death of the NPA couple and the recovery of two AK-47 rifles and personal belongings
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — The Army’s 4th Infantry Division said Monday that pursuit operations against communist rebels in Bukidnon province continue following the recent death of two of the New People Army’s top leaders in the area.
According to 4ID Public Affairs Office chief Major Francisco Garello, troops under the Army’s 8th Infantry Battalion continued to search remnants of the rebels in Barangay Kapitan Bayong and nearby villages in Impasugong town, Bukidnon, after Vincent Isagani Madlos and wife Angie Salinas were killed in an encounter on 3 September.
Garello said that Isagani was the son of the late George “Ka Oris” Madlos, NPA’s national operations command head and spokesperson of the National Democratic Front in Mindanao, who was killed in Impasugong in October last year.
Colonel Ted Dumosmog, 403rd IB officer-in-charge, said the younger Madlos and Salinas were among the wanted top leaders of the Communist Party of the Philippines-NPA Central Committee and its operations command, respectively.
He added that the combat group of the Joint Task Force Diamond was conducting a special operation on 3 September when a 15-minute firefight ensued against an undetermined number of NPA combatants.
The clash resulted in the death of the NPA mother and son and the recovery of two AK-47 rifles and personal belongings.
Major Gen. Wilbur C. Mamawag, 4ID commander, said the “neutralization” of CPP-NPA top leaders provides a clearer view of “ending the local communist armed conflict in Northern Mindanao.”
“Hence, we urge everyone, especially our peace partners, to continue rallying with us, and collectively provide our people a better place to live that is safe and conducive for sustainable development,”
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media