Over the past year, new brands boomed into the market, giving consumers to have multiple options for their needs and new discoveries.
One of these up-and-coming brands is Ready Set Glow.
Established in 2020 by Golden Glow Skin Solutions Inc., Ready Set Glow isn’t an ordinary makeup brand as it carries products that have fun and vibrant hues, perfect for those who want to experiment with makeup looks or simply play with their current routine.
The products are also championed by the likes of Maja Salvador and AC Bonifacio.
With the holiday season right around the corner added with the fact that restrictions continue to ease, now is the best time to bring out your most festive and sparkly self.
This writer created two simple yet elevated looks perfect for the holidays using Ready Set Glow products.
For those who wish to achieve a golden goddess look, simply bring out caramel brown and brown eyeshadow shades, the Savage! (Black) Badass Liquid Liner, the Winter Snow (White) Badass Gel Eyeliner and Goddess (Gold) Badass Eye Shimmer.
1. Apply the caramel brown eyeshadow shade on the crease to define the eyes.
2. Use the brown shade on the outer V of the eyes to create depth.
3. Draw a semi-dramatic winged eyeliner look using the Savage! (Black) Badass Liquid Liner.
4. Above the Savage! liner, draw another line using the Winter Snow (White) Badass Gel Eyeliner.
5. Using a dainty angled brush, apply the Goddess (Gold) Badass Eye Shimmer. Slightly smudge to create a gradient effect.
6. Apply the Goddess shimmer on the bottom lash line to top off the look.
This look also called for the Badass Brow Cushion which was a divine to use, the Face Tint in Afterglow for contour and the All Nighter (Bright Red) Silky Matte Liquid Lipstick on the lips.
Keeping it simple doesn’t mean it has to be dull and monotone. Add a little twist using brown and dark brown eyeshadows, the Diva (Bronze) Badass Eye Shimmer and the Savage! (Black) Badass Liquid Liner.
1. Apply the brown eyeshadow shade on the creases to define the eyes.
2. Use the dark brown eyeshadow shade on the inner and outer corners of the eyes.
3. Apply the Diva shimmer on the center of the eyes. Don’t forget to blend to avoid harsh lines.
4. Top it off with a simple cat eye using the Savage! (Black) Badass Liquid Liner.
I also used the Badass Brow Cushion on the brows, the Face Tint in Afterglow for contour and the Barely There (Nude Beige) Silky Matte Lipstick on the lips.
When it comes to the products’ usage and feel, all of them were exceptional. I was only a bit concerned about how the Savage liner doesn’t dry as quick as I would like so it’s best if you let it settle for a couple seconds to avoid transferring onto the lid.
I’m not one to incorporate colorful shades on my makeup look but all the colors of Ready Set Glow products are manageable and provide the perfect twist to a look.
Ready Set Glow products are available at readysetglow.ph, Shopee and Lazada.
Special thanks to Maika Magbuhos, Moreen Xyla Magbuhos and Merica Xyrel Magbuhos for their contribution in creative process of this column.