As Covid-19 has shown, there is no substitute for good health, and that is something you and your family can best ensure by sharing food that is both hearty and healthy.
This doesn’t mean saying goodbye entirely to all-time Pinoy favorites, like adobo or liempo or sinigang. These delicacies will forever be part of the Filipino dining table, but do explore other food choices for the family and try out meals from the usual ones Filipinos have grown to love.
With that in mind, Umbria has prepared some recipes that you and your family can prepare together and eat later at the dining table while you spend some much-deserved quality time. Here are two of them, and they happen to be a perfect match: A sandwich with beef and mushrooms and a leveled-up potato soup. Both are easy to prepare and are all sorts of hearty and healthy.
Pandemic or not, two of the most valuable things in life will always be a loving family and a healthy body. And one of the best ways to enjoy both is to bond over food, but preferably with healthy food choices always on the plate. Umbria is available at goodwill.market.
Beef Mushroom Sandwich
30 grams of sukiyaki beef
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
50 grams of portabella mushrooms
2 tablespoons of butter, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
Umbria Truffle Oil
1. Marinate the sukiyaki beef for at least 30 minutes with soy sauce and Worcestershire Sauce.
2. Once the beef is marinated, start cooking the mushrooms. Add some butter and sauté them in a pan. When done, set the mushrooms aside.
3. In the same pan, heat some butter again. Then, add the beef.
4. Season the beef with salt and black pepper.
5. While the beef is cooking, start preparing the bread. Put some mayonnaise on the bread.
6. Once the beef starts caramelizing, add the mushrooms.
7. Add salt and two teaspoons of Umbria Truffle Oil.
8. Stuff the bread with the beef and mushroom.
9. Serve and enjoy with a hot serving of potato leak soup with truffle oil.
Potato Leek Soup with Truffle Oil
3 medium potatoes (400grams)
1 tablespoon of butter
35 grams of leaks
Salt and pepper to taste
750 mL of stock
125 mL Cream
Umbria truffle oil
1. Peel the potatoes and then cut into 12 slices.
2. Slice the leaks
3. Put some butter in a hot pan and sauté the leaks.
4. Add the potatoes when the leaks start becoming translucent. Stir until the potatoes are covered with leeks and butter.
5. Season with salt and white pepper.
6. Once the potatoes are becoming glazed, you can now pour the stock.
7. Let it boil. Wait around 30 minutes.
8. Once cooked, blend it and then strain.
9. Add cream. Then, season with salt and white pepper. Stir.
10. Add half a tablespoon of Umbria truffle oil.
11. Serve and enjoy, preferably with a beef mushroom sandwich.