Connect with us

Headline

Palace assures Rody not exposed to Sara

The 76-year-old Duterte, whose age is considered high-risk for severe Covid-19 infection, had earlier received his second vaccine dose against coronavirus

Published

on

The public has nothing to worry about President Rodrigo Duterte’s health since he did not have close contact with his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, who tested positive for Covid-19 over the weekend, Malacañang said.

Duterte-Carpio’s office announced on Saturday that the mayor tested positive for coronavirus and urged those who had physical interaction with her in the last 14 days to monitor themselves for flu-like symptoms.

“PRRD (President Rodrigo Roa Duterte) was never exposed,” said Col. Randolph Cabangbang, commander of the Presidential Security Group, when asked if the commander in chief was at risk for Covid-19.

Duterte’s spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque also noted that the President was fine and would hold his weekly meeting with Cabinet officials in Davao City on Monday night.

“The President’s ‘Talk to the People’ will push through. In fact, I will be flying to Davao right after my press briefing, together with the selected members of the pandemic task force,” Roque told reporters.

“We wouldn’t be asked to go there if the President had close contact (with his daughter),” he added.

The 76-year-old Duterte, whose age is considered high-risk for severe Covid-19 infection, had earlier received his second vaccine dose against coronavirus.

Meanwhile, the younger Duterte is currently in isolation and is experiencing mild symptoms, according to her office.

The family requested “complete privacy” and asked the public to refrain from sending tokens for well-wishes for the Davao City mayor.

Duterte-Carpio was supposed to be on medical leave and travel to Singapore from 5 to 8 October.

Advertisement

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Advertisement
Advertisement