Vaccine czar Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. revealed Thursday that the government is now negotiating with four vaccine manufacturers that could supply anti-coronavirus booster shots.
“We are now negotiating with four manufacturers that most possibly can supply the booster shots that we will be needing either by end of the year or first quarter next year,” he said.
He also said the Department of Budget and Management has allotted P5 billion for the procurement of such booster shots.
“We are just looking for that cue. For as long as they said that we need boosters, we can already make some sort of arrangements,” Galvez said.
The Department of Health previously said that it is not yet the right time to administer booster shots due to global supply issues.
Recently, WHO called for a two-month moratorium on administering booster shots to reduce the global vaccine inequality.