Connect with us


Puerto Princesa mayor blames IATF order on the spike of COVID cases in the city




Puerto Princesa City Mayor Lucilo Bayron on Monday blamed the order of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on unified travel protocol on the spike of coronavirus cases (COVID-19) in the city.

In an interview over DZMM, Bayron said that at least 533 total active COVID cases were recorded in the city.

“Dito sa amin maingat na maingat kami sa prevention, kasi dati naman walang COVID dito, makakarating lang yan kung may magdadala dito, kaya yung policy namin lahat kinu-quarantine namin, kaya lang naglabas ang national government unified travel protocol na hindi na pwedeng mag-quarantine, ii-screen na lang ang mga dumarating at yung mga symptoms yun na lang ang magku-quarantine,” Bayron said.

Bayron added that on Sunday, at least 121 individuals tested positive of COVID-19.

“Inabot kami ng 121 positive cases, first time na lumagpas ng 100 positive cases,” Bayron added.

He added that prior to the implementation of the unified travel protocol of the national government, there were only 30 active cases on 4 April 2021.

“Hanggang April 4 wala pa kaming problema, nagsimula lang nitong April 5 tapos nagtuloy-tuloy na nga, nakakabahala,” he noted.

The OCTA Research Group has named Puerto Princesa, Cagayan de Oro City, Bacolod City and Zamboanga City as four areas of concern amid the increase in the COVID cases.

Bayron said that local government unit has already requested the IATF to authorize the city to prevent the entry of individuals from the National Capital Region (NCR).

“Nag-request kami ng travel ban ng incoming passengers by boat or by plane sa NCR, pinayagan, kaya lang, yung APOR (authorized person outside residents) ng national government exempted, so yun tuloy-tuloy pa rin yung hindi namin naku-quarantine,” Bayron said.

Bayron added that the Ospital ng Palawan is now 92 percent utilized, forcing the LGU to open more quarantine and isolation facilities.

He said Puerto Princesa Vice Mayor Maria Nancy Socrates is now recovering after she tested positive for COVID-19.