Staying healthy is on everyone’s minds these days. And one way to do that is to eat healthy, which may not really be a hard thing to do if you know how to prepare the right ingredients for your meals.
Chopsuey is an all-time favorite vegetable dish that’s packed with all kinds of veggies as immune boosters, plus meats for proteins and muscle strength. To make this dish even more special, here’s a hearty recipe from the cookbook by Liberato Fernandez. Chorizo Bilbao and ham makes its sauce even tastier. Try it now!
Chopsuey à la LP Fernandez
3 Tbsp cooking oil
2 pieces Chorizo Bilbao, sliced
2 pieces garlic, pounded
3 pieces onion, chopped
1 cup chicken, sliced
6 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup pork or ham, sliced
2 pieces chicken liver, sliced
1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 cups chicken broth
1 medium-sized carrot, sliced
1 small cabbage, roughly chopped
½ cup mushrooms
1 cup kinchay sliced
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. In a pan, heat oil. Fry the Chorizo Bilbao. Add garlic and sliced onions. Cook till onions are translucent.
2. Add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the pork or ham and chicken liver. Cook for another five minutes. Season with soy sauce.
4. Add the shrimp.
5. Add the chicken stock. Cook for another five minutes till meats are cooked.
6. Add the vegetables: carrots, cabbage, mushroom and kinchay.
7. Add cornstarch to thicken. Heat till vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
8. Serve while hot.