Maayong adlaw sa tanan!
More than being a staple breakfast food, sopas brings a lot of good memories in any Filipino home. Milky with a flavorful chicken broth and made more filling with macaroni noodles, it’s really an all-time comfort food. In this recipe inspired from the cookbook of Liberato Fernandez, sopas is reinvented using a favorite Pinoy noodle: long and thick miki.
Besides serving it as a first meal especially during cold mornings, you can also enjoy it for days when you really just need need something rich, meaty and satisfying.
Sopas na Miki
16 cups of water, divided
500 g miki noodles
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup chicken
1 1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
3/4 cup mushrooms
2 chicken cubes
1. Boil water and put miki noodles
2. When the noodles are tender, drain and put in ice to stop its cooking process.
3.Mix the miki noodles with ice for 40 seconds.
4. Bring the noodles back in hot water and boil for one minute to continue cooking it.
5. Drain the miki noodles.
6. Mix soy sauce and sesame oil into the miki noodles.
7. Set aside.
1. Sautee chicken until it becomes golden brown.
2. Season it with salt and pepper.
3. Add the mushroom.
4. Add chicken cubes.
5. Add eight cups of water.
6.Boil for five minutes
Put the desired amount of noodles into the broth.
Best served while hot.