Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go welcomed President Rodrigo Duterte’s creation of a new task force that will investigate corruption in the entire government.
“I laud President Duterte for heeding our call to create a bigger and expanded task force to combat all forms of systemic corruption in the government,” Go said in a statement.
He made the statement after President Rodrigo Duterte, in his taped speech aired on Tuesday morning, signed a “memorandum” to Justice Sec. Menardo Guevarra directing them to investigate all corrupt allegations in the “entire government.”
To recall, Go has previously mentioned suggesting the creation of a new task force that will investigate bribery in the Bureau of Immigration (BI) or the “pastillas” scheme.
It was also Go who suggested creating a task force led by the Department of Justice (DoJ) that will investigate the irregularities inside the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth).
“Wala tayong pipiliin, wala tayong sasantuhin. Kasuhan na ang mga dapat makasuhan. Tuluyan ang mga dapat tuluyan. Towards the last one year and eight months of this administration, we must not hesitate in our quest to eradicate corruption,” Go, Duterte’s former aide, said.
He reiterated that his political will is in line with Duterte’s and the administration will still go after corruption, criminality, and illegal drugs in the country.
“Sasamahan ko ang Pangulo sa laban na ito until the last day of his term and I will continue to fight for the welfare and interest of each and every Filipino even beyond his presidency. Isa lang ang interes namin at iyan ay ang kabutihan ng mga Pilipino,” he ended.
Duterte has lamented anew with the corruption plaguing the Philippine government.
He said he will concentrate on fighting corruption in his remaining days as President. Duterte’s term will end on 2022.