Connect with us

COVID-19 WATCH

BBM acquires Covid-19

Published

on

Former senator Bongbong Marcos received his positive Covid-19 result on Saturday. (Instsagram)

Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is getting better.

“Gumaganda na ang kondisyong pangkalusugan ni dating Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. makaraang ihayag sa resulta ng clinical test na isinagawa ng Research Institute for Tropical Medicine na siya’y positibo sa COVID-19,” lawyer Victor Rodriguez, Marcos’ spokesperson, said on Tuesday.

The statement said Marcos went to a hospital on 14 March when he experienced chest pains after his return from Europe.

“Umuwi na lang ako kasi sobrang dami ng pasyente noon sa pinuntahan kong ospital kaya hindi na ako nagpumilit na magpaasikaso upang mabigyan ng tamang atensiyon ang mga pasyenteng nauna sa akin… na maaaring mas masama ang pakiramdam,” he said,

However, Marcos was rushed to the emergency room of the same hospital on 22 March due to difficulty in breathing. His condition prompted a test for COVID-19 and he was advised to undergo self-quarantine.

The result was released by the RITM on Saturday.

On Thursday, speculations that Marcos had acquired COVID-19 spread on social media.

A post in Reddit claimed that the former Vice Presidential candidate was denied by St. Luke’s Medical Center as the hospital had already reached its full capacity.

Rumors also claimed he will be flown to Singapore to get treatment for his worsening condition.

Marcos and his wife, lawyer Liza Araneta-Marcos, then issued separate statements, saying the ex-lawmaker is doing well.

“I am deeply touched and overwhelmed by your concern over my condition. Don’t worry, I am doing ok and contrary to popular belief, I am home on self-quarantine,” he said in a statement.

“Fortunately, I feel much better and am getting stronger by the day. I have no doubt in my mind that this is partly due to the excellent work of the nurses and doctors who helped me during this time,” Marcos added.

Mrs. Marcos also belied rumors that the former senator’s lungs collapsed and he will get treatment in Singapore.

“Contrary to the rumors currently circulating, my husband is well. His lungs did not collapse. He was not airlifted in Manong Chavit’s plane to get treatment in Singapore. He is not dying. Nor is he dead,” the statement read.

She also mentioned that they get tested for COVID-19 on Wednesday along with their entire staff and they all tested negative.

Mrs. Marcos’ statement was taken down immediately.

Advertisement

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Advertisement
Advertisement