Connect with us
Click me!

Latest

2 Mandaluyong relief repackers COVID-positive

TDT

Published

on

THE relief repacking in Mandaluyong has resumed following the disinfection of areas frequented by the two staff who tested positive for COVID-19. W. Commons

Are the relief goods you are receiving not contaminated with the dreaded coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?

Along the same line, are the food for delivery being handled properly to stop the spread of the virus that has already killed thousands of people across the globe?

These questions came to light as Mandaluyong City on Sunday stopped temporarily the distribution of food packs to families in its barangays after two staff at the Office of the Mayor tested positive for the virus.

The food repacking was suspended to make way for the disinfection of the work areas frequented by the two employees at City Hall.

Those who had dealings with the COVID-positive staff were also advised to undergo self-quarantine, including Mayor Carmelita “Menchie” Abalos.

“I was exposed with the two who tested positive,” the mayor said in Filipino. “But I did not go so far as to have a swab as I am not feeling anything. I’m okay, I’m healthy. I have no problem.”

She assured the people of Mandaluyong City that the distribution of the food packs will resume immediately as the repacking had resumed.

“I know there are some pieces so I stopped the repacking last night,” she said.

A total of 44 people had tested positive for COVID-19 in Mandaluyong, with nine deaths from the disease. A total of 143 are under investigation while 372 are under monitoring.

— John Henry Dodson

Click to comment
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement