Solon places bounty on architect rape-slay suspect
Earlier, the Davao City Police Office created Special Investigation Task Group-Bragas after the autopsy results confirmed that the victim was indeed raped
DAVAO CITY — Davao City First District Representative Paolo Duterte is offering a P1-million reward on Monday to anyone who could provide information leading to the arrest of the suspect or suspects who murdered and raped a lady architect here last week.
“We are offering P1-million to anyone who can provide information on the suspect who is responsible for her death,” Duterte said.
To recall, police reported the discovery of the remains of the architect identified as Vlanche Marie Bragas in a banana plantation in Dacudao, Calinan here on 17 May and reports said that the body was covered with dry banana leaves near a canal in the said area.
“Vlanche Marie is just an ordinary Dabawenya who worked hard for her family on a daily basis. Me and my whole family were saddened of this incident,” said the lawmaker.
Earlier, the Davao City Police Office created Special Investigation Task Group-Bragas after the autopsy results confirmed that the victim was indeed raped and the group is now focusing on the investigation of the case in collaboration with other units for its immediate resolution.
The Regional Forensic Unit 11, who conducted the autopsy, further revealed that the victim died from asphyxia after being choked to death.
Meantime, the United Architects of the Philippines Davao Chapter has expressed shock over the incident.
“The news of her rape and subsequent abandonment in a desolate grassland has utterly shocked and anguished us. This unspeakable act goes against the principles of architects, professionals, and fellow human beings,” the group said in a Facebook post.
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media