The Commission on Elections on Tuesday said it has denied Impact Hub Manila’s claim of P15.3 million worth of unpaid dues, primarily from their partnership in the scrapped two-day town hall debate on 30 April and 1 May last year.
In a letter signed by Comelec Executive Director Teopisto Elnas Jr. dated 19 May, the poll body argued that the contractor, Impact Hub Manila, has insufficient documentary requirements that could support its claim of unpaid debt related to the contract between them and the poll body on 7 March 2022.
The said contract was intended for the “co-production, coordination work, staging and promotion” of the supposed five schedules of last year’s PiliPinas Debates 2022: The Turning Point – two of which were scrapped due to Impact Hub Manila’s inability to pay P14 million to the management of the venue, Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.
“Payment presupposes that the supplier fulfilled its obligations in accordance with the contract. To this end, delivery of goods or performance of services must be duly substantiated and found compliant with the terms and conditions of the contract,” the letter read.
“Upon evaluation, Impact Hub’s demand for payment is not accompanied by the documentary requirements necessary to establish the validity of claim,” it added.
Last 27 April, Impact Hub Manila’s legal counsel Atty. Ma. Karla Denise Frias sent a “final notice” to Comelec Spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco, urging the poll body to pay P15.3 million for their services as debate contractor for last year’s polls.
Comelec Chairman George Erwin Garcia previously urged the poll body’s investigating panel to finalize its report on the issue which led to the cancellation of the two town hall debates.
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media