It’s not just about the power of vitamin B. This, plus your own willpower, has something to do with your lack of energy and enthusiasm. Ultimately, it boils down to you
— physically, mentally, and emotionally. Need some energy boosters? Here are a few pick-me-up tips.
The Bs have it
Vitamin B, an essential nutrient, cannot be produced by the human body. Thus, it must be sourced from the food we eat or from supplementation.
There are eight B vitamins, but B-12 is vital to one’s health.
Take a closer look at the importance of B-12:
• Assists in the production of red blood cells. Its key role is to transport oxygen to the brain and the entire body
• Improves the mood by fighting depression
• Ensures a healthy nervous system
• Helps to release energy from foods consumed
Natural food sources include:
• Fish (tuna, sea bass,salmon, sardines, mackerel)
• Meats, especially red meat
• Organ meats like liver
• Dairy products like milk, cheese, butter
• Nutritional yeast
• Fruits including banana, orange, mango, blueberries, apple
• Vegetables such as spinach, beetroot, potatoes, alfalfa sprouts, mushroom
Vegans, be advised that you may have low B-12 levels due to your eating regimen. Take supplementation and include zinc, selenium, and iron.
When you are deficient in B-12, you could be suffering from headaches, depression, nervousness, pale yellow skin, mood swings, increased heart rate, tingling or numbness, fatigue, nausea, and weight loss.
Set your mind to it
Once you have handled the nutritional requirements to ensure vitality, it’s time to reprogram the mind through various activities.
1. Move it. Embark on an exercise program. The more you burn calories, the more you increase your stamina. Yes, exercise does improve your sense of well-being.
2. Hydrate. Dehydration can debilitate you in many ways, most especially the brain.
3. Sleep earlier than usual. Reset your body clock to sleep at 10 p.m.
4. Eat more frequently but in smaller portions. This will spread out your energy more equally throughout the day.
5. Practice meditation. This calms the heart and the spirit.
Affirmation: “I invoke pleasant surprises in my life.”
Love and Light.
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media