Sam Cruz: Showbiz baby prioritizes school
The 18-year-old daughter of Cesar Montano and Sunshine Cruz is enrolled at De La Salle Santiago Zobel. While most students struggle with online learning, Sam finds the remote setting convenient since she has more control over her schedule
Showbiz baby Samantha Cruz Montano, a.k.a. Sam Cruz, is paving her own path as an artist.
Get to know more about the 18-year-old fashionista and singer.
1. Sam comes from a showbiz family. Her parents are actors Cesar Montano and Sunshine Cruz, elder sister is actor-singer Angelina Cruz, and half-brother is actor Diego Lozayga.
As a child, Sam recalled watching her parents’ movies and TV series, which inspired her to follow in their footsteps.
2. Sam officially joined showbiz in March 2021 via Star Magic’s Squad Plus. Formerly known as Kadenang Ginto’s The Gold Squad, Squad Plus is a group of 13 young stars, including singer KD Estrada and Pinoy Big Brother housemate Ashton Salvador. Sam usually appears on the group’s YouTube videos.
3. She’s passionate about music. Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande, and Rhianna are among the artists Sam follows. In August 2021, she herself released her debut single, “Train of Thought,” under Universal Records. Aside from singing, Sam plays the guitar and ukulele.
4. Sam wants to be an actor. Though music is her priority, she’s open to acting projects. She made her acting debut in 2021 on the iWantTFC’s romantic comedy miniseries Unloving U.
5. She’s a high school student. While pursuing a showbiz career Sam is enrolled at De La Salle Santiago Zobel. While most students struggle with online learning, Sam finds the remote setting convenient since she has more control over her schedule.
“For example, if I missed a test, I could make up for it or I could reschedule work. I just have to learn time management. But I always put school first,” she said in a past interview.
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media