DSWD welcomes 4Ps delisting investigation

He said the additional AICS funding redounds to the benefit of clients, especially since prices of commodities and services continue to increase.

August 13, 2022

The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is open to all kinds of investigations on the delisting of 1.3 million beneficiaries of the government’s Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).

In an interview with Daily Tribune on Friday, DSWD Assistant Secretary Romel Lopez said they are willing to comply and welcome all kinds of inquiries on all matters related to their office, especially if it will help improve the agency’s programs. This will also help them identify those who really deserve to be 4Ps beneficiaries.

On the other hand, Lopez said the agency welcomes the additional P2 million allotment for its Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS).

He said the additional funding redounds to the benefit of clients, especially since prices of commodities and services continue to increase. It will also help more individuals in crisis in availing of the different packages of services under the AICS.

“Regardless of what the needs are, hospital bills, funeral bills, educational, transportation, fire, disasters, and earthquakes victims, there is no specific breakdown,” Lopez said.

Makabayan bloc lawmakers, led by Gabriela partylist Representative Arlene Brosas, last week sought a legislative inquiry regarding the delisting of 1.3 million 4Ps beneficiaries.

“They are all welcome! There is no problem on the part of the DSWD. We have no objection to that. We also want to improve our programs, especially with the leadership of DSWD Secretary Erwin Tulfo, since that is also what he wants. So, that is really not a problem, no matter when they summon us,” Lopez expressed.


Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/

Follow us on social media
Facebook: @tribunephl
Youtube: TribuneNow
Twitter: @tribunephl
Instagram: @tribunephl
TikTok: @dailytribuneofficial