‘Butete’ poisons family
A wife is dead while her husband and their six kids are in critical condition after allegedly being poisoned by the fish they ate Thursday in Lapu-Lapu City.
The deceased was identified as Romana Abas Evardo, 56, while her husband, Reynaldo 57; sons Eugene 32; Joseph 30; Jordan 28; 9 year old daughter; 5 and 4 year old boys, all residents of Caubian island, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu are currently being observed at the hospital.
According to PSSg. Aaron Gevera, Olango Lapu-Lapu City PS 1 investigator, the husband and wife came from fishing Thursday morning carrying the small fishes they fished known as “buriring” or butete.
The mother immediately cooked the butete and they shared it for bre51qqakfast.
By 11:00 am, the Evardo family suddenly experienced dizziness and vomiting until they were rushed to Sta. Rosa Community Hospital for treatment.
A few minutes later, Romana suddenly stopped breathing while his husband and children are still in critical conditions.
Authorities believe that the butete may not have been properly cleaned which caused the poisoning.
Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/
Follow us on social media