Probe on DoH’s anti-dengue program sought

July 31, 2022

A House probe into the Department of Health’s (DoH) anti-dengue program has been requested by Kabayan Partylist Rep. Ron Salo as the continued surge in dengue cases reached a record 90 percent increase from last year’s figures.

“Every day that passes wherein we don’t act is another day too late. If we don’t act now, our children will suffer the most, as they are the sector most vulnerable to the threats of a dengue outbreak,” said Salo, author of House Resolution (HR) 79.

The solon, in HR 79, requests that the House Committee on Health conduct an investigation in support of legislation on the national anti-dengue program.

“The rise in dengue cases this year, as reported by the (DoH), is nothing short of alarming, especially when we have reported the lowest number of cases last year since 2009,” said Salo, who chairs the Committee on Overseas Workers Affairs.


Read more Daily Tribune stories at: https://tribune.net.ph/

Follow us on social media
Facebook: @tribunephl
Youtube: TribuneNow
Twitter: @tribunephl
Instagram: @tribunephl
TikTok: @dailytribuneofficial