Ricardo ‘Ardot’ Parojinog wants his cases moved to NBI

207

Suspected drug lord and former Ozamiz City Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog is seeking the transfer of his cases to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde said Parojinog remains under custody by prosecutors in Taiwan where he was arrested last month.

“I think he wrote a letter that he wanted his cases to be transferred to the NBI, that’s the information we got,” Albayalde said.

“But as of this time, there is no reply yet…until now, the PNP is still communicating with the Taiwan police,” he added.

According to Albayalde, the PNP is yet to see Parojinog in person as even Taiwan police are not authorized to visit him.

“It will depend now on the Department of Justice if that (transfer of case to the NBI) will be the decision…we will respect the decision of DoJ,” Albayalde said.

Parojinog has six pending cases which include violation of Republic Act (RA) 9516 (illegal possession of firearms and explosives), violation of RA 10591 (new firearms law), and murder.

The suspect is also being linked to illegal drug trade.
He went hiding months before the July 30, 2017 raid at the compound of his brother Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr. that resulted in the killing of 15 individuals, including the mayor and his wife.

Arrested during the raid were Mayor Parojinog’s children — Ozamiz City Vice Mayor Nova Princess Parojinog and Reynaldo Jr.

No less than President Duterte listed Parojinog as among the politicians involved in the narcotics trade.